Thursday, March 12, 2009

Insecure


Insecurity is a very real thing in my life. Not only with body image, which I'm sure many young women struggle with, but also with feeling secure in a relationship.
So far, the 365 project has opened to my eyes to what is and can be beautiful. It's not what Hollywood tells us, but rather, beauty can be how I see myself. In the past 71 days, I've learned that I can feel good about myself, and that I don't have to have the perfect body or the perfect skin, or the perfect hair, to be beautiful. Beautiful is merely the outward expression of how you feel on the inside.
As for relationship insecurity, this is still something that I struggle greatly with. Being in a long distance relationship only sharpens those insecurities too. However, I've discovered that with my own changes in how I see myself, so too have the insecurites involving my relationship changed. As I come to accept myself, it then becomes easier to let myself be loved and appreciated.
I imagine there is no easy fix or either, just time. So time is what I'm taking. Discovering myself, feeling beautiful, and letting myself trust that, yes, I can be loved, appreciated and seen as beautiful in another's eyes.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Like every difficult achievement in life, in order to fell good about oneself, it starts from the inner.

    ReplyDelete